Why Invest in Panama
PANAMA is one of the three best places in Latin America to live, according to a survey conducted by Corporate Resources Group and one of the four best places in the world to live outside the United States. The latter is reported by the American Association of Retired Persons and International Living.
Panama ofrece una ideal legislación “offshore” y un gran lugar para vivir.
- Panama enjoys a stable, democratically elected government.
- It has the largest free trade zone in the Americas for import, export, re-export and re-export.
- Panama's economic performance is, year after year, better than almost all other Latin American countries. For 40 years, Panama's inflation rate averaged less than 2% per year, unheard of in other countries south of the US.
- Compared to its neighbors, Panama has more amenities than traditional retreats in Mexico or Costa Rica, but the cost and crime rates are much lower.
- There is much less interference from local authorities.
- Panama's government and its laws currently encourage foreigners to invest and live here.
If you are looking for a country of residence, Panama boasts of offering the most attractive programs for foreigners anywhere in the world. As a "pensionado" in Panama, you are eligible for discounts on almost everything you buy. If you buy or build a house, you pay no property tax for 20 years. As a resident you pay no tax on income earned abroad.
Panama has excellent asset protection, offshore corporate laws and the largest banking sector south of Miami.
- Tropical climate
- A low cost of living
- Safety and efficiency absent in other Latin American countries
- Favorable offshore banking laws
- A stable economy with the U.S. dollar as legal tender
- Government investment incentives that fulminate tax rates and tariffs for entrepreneurs
- A diverse geography that ranges from mountains to tropical islands and from a booming metropolis to vast jungles.
1. A TRUE TAX-EXEMPT PARADISE - tax-free capital, tax-free profits made outside the national territory, tax-free inheritance or inheritance judgments, etc.
2. FAVORABLE LAWS FOR ESTABLISHING COMPANIES - Corporate laws allow to have "bearer" shares, to have directors from any country and to be able to form Private Interest Foundations, all this with low costs.
3. STABLE CURRENCY WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTION - There are no restrictions on the movement of funds in and out of the country.
4. STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY LAWS - there are strict confidentiality laws that protect customer banking information, as well as the company's books, from anyone, including foreign governments.
5. STABLE GOVERNMENT - the country's government must be stable and must use the opposite legal system to that of your home country (if your country uses common law, you should look for a country that uses Roman law). The country must be safe to visit.
6. STABLE ECONOMY - the country's economy must be stable.
7. EXCELLENT BANKING SYSTEM - the country's banking system must be advanced in both areas of infrastructure, government auditing and technology.
8. EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SYSTEM - the country's communication system must be technologically advanced compared to first world countries.
9. LANGUAGE COMPATIBILITY - the language of the country must be of your convenience.
10. TIME AND POSITION MUST BE COMPATIBLE - the country's time should be compatible so that you can contact your offshore supplier or financial institution during normal business hours in your country of domicile and fly quickly in case your presence is required in the conduct of business.